Thursday, July 12, 2012

Body By Vi Shake Recipe: Chocolate Avocado


Before I lose you, yes it sounds disgusting. I didn't want dark chocolate guacamole for breakfast either.

Now move on and get out your blender.
photo from http://img2.timeinc.net/health/images/slides/avocado-heart-400x400.jpg
At our house, we usually eat avocados on tortilla chips or wrapped up with something in a tortilla. It's one of the only green things that Jon will eat of his own volition. We've been a little lazy with grocery shopping lately, as in I have not been making lists, and Jon has occasionally been to the store unattended. This oversight is precisely how we ended up with 10 avocados (apparently they were 10 for $10) right before Jon left for a week-long fishing trade show in Orlando with Cajun Custom Rods.

I like avocado. I probably eat three a year. So far the remainder avocados have been used as a house-staging tool for Realtor showings.

I adapted this recipe from one I found at Skinny Chef. Even with all the extra avocado I have laying around, I probably wouldn't have even tried this recipe except the comments were all raaaaaving. Consider this my rave!


1 c. unsweetened almond milk
2 scoops Vi-Shape shake mix
Half an Avocado (make sure it's ripe)
2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp brown sugar
1/4 c. crushed ice

Blend until smooth. Which it will be. This shake is THICK and creamy, almost like mousse! I wouldn't have added ice at all, but I wanted it to be colder. The original recipe called for 2 Tablespoons of sugar, but since the shake mix is sweet I thought I could get away without that. Then on my first sip I thought I tasted avocado and freaked out.

This shake has about 280 calories (125 from the avocado).

More information about health benefits of Body by Vi's shake mix at my website or at the Visalus tab at the top.

 More recipes here.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like something Malachi would like. Except I'm not allowing him chocolate, nuts, or sugar yet.

    Little stinker got his hands on pizza a few days ago and I basically had to destroy the piece of pizza to get it away from him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Malachi would like anything that came in a glass he should not be holding :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...