Saturday, June 03, 2006

Memorial Day and May Poles


















Okay, so Memorial Day may have been a few days ago, but I promised Angela I'd put up the picture... So we were at the park in Rock Rapids, and you will never guess what we found!!! A MAY POLE!!!! I laughed so hard, even though nobody there really understood why I was laughing...

At least I think it was a May pole-- sadly, there were no streamers attached, but it looked like there were some places at the top to attach them. Maybe I should make Melissa start carrying around may pole streamers in her trunk for me JUST IN CASE we ever run into another one. Anyway, I recruited some dancers to complete the effect, because a picture of a pole wasn't actually that cool.

The rest of memorial day was a good time too-- we went (late) to the pancake breakfast in the park. I was actually disappointed because I thought they were going to have ice cream and strawberries... but they didn't. Oh!!! And who was there except ViX vapoR rub himself!!!! aaaaaaAah!! But we basically ate the pancakes and ran so we wouldn't miss the parade, because it's only a minute and a half long, so if you miss part of it you pretty much miss the whole thing.

Also, Janna hit me with a softball, which was kinda random and painful. I didn't even get a bruise! That is a pretty crushing way to get injured, I tell ya. I don't even have a wound to show for the pain!! Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know that Janna's biceps are alive and well and causing destruction.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:52 am

    Hmmm...I had pancakes on Memorial Day too...but I don't remember them because I had to wake up at 5:30 that morning :S...

    In light of the fact that you went to our concert at Hawarden, I hope you enjoyed it...smoke and all :S

    James

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...