Monday, July 09, 2012

Body by Vi Shake Recipe: Best Ever Chocolate


I thought I had been making pretty good chocolate shakes before -- No. The texture of this one was perfect!


1 c. unsweetened almond milk
2 tsp (or more) cocoa powder
2 scoops Vi-Shape shake mix
1/2 a banana, sliced and frozen
2 T oatmeal (dry)
Crushed ice

Blend it up! Add enough ice until it's the thickness that you like. I keep adding cocoa until it's chocolatey enough for my mood. I used to use chocolate almond milk, but it was 4x as many calories and lots of extra sugar.

This recipe has 230 calories, 16g of protein, 10g of fiber.

This shake happened to be my breakfast on the morning I climbed my first fourteener with my sister and my Dad. I got nervous that I would get really hungry halfway up the mountain, so I threw in the banana and the oatmeal. Hunger was definitely not the challenge on the way up! We weren't the only ones taking lots of breathing breaks along the trail, and at least we could tell everyone we're from the plains!


Quandary Peak was our 1st fourteener, and a few days later we climbed Democrat, Cameron, and Lincoln. Those three seemed a lot easier than Quandary had been. EasiER, not easy -- there was plenty of shaky-legged, ragged-lunged sneaking along windy rocky ridges. Or in Holly's case, assuming the fetal position on said ridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...