Sunday, October 28, 2012

One Month of Less: Day 28: Clean Out the Filing Cabinet


The only thing more boring than actually doing this task is writing about it. OR probably reading about it.

We have a bunch of hanging files where we put tax returns, warranties, health info, insurance info, and other "important" papers that we don't want to lose. Several of them turned out to be not so important anymore, and we weeded all of those out and recycled them.

There was one stack of papers that was taped together in a bundle from when we moved from our apartment to our house in 2011. If it hasn't been unbundled in a year and a half, we must not need them.

At some point I should probably re-tab all the folders in the hanging file, but for now this is good :)

Jon's parents are having their first fire of the season in the fireplace tonight, so maybe I'll go make hot chocolate or something. By the way, I'm filling in the days I skipped earlier so make sure to check those entries too!

For the month of October I'm doing one thing a day that is a step towards a simpler way of living -- less cluttered, less wasteful, less distracted. My goal through this month of less is that by taking a new step every day, I will be able to live in a way that is more organized, more stewardly, more purposeful. Read more about it here, and let me know if you're joining in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...