Thursday, October 25, 2012

One Month of Less: Day 25: Sell Your House!


Our house sale in Omaha finally closed!! One painful month behind schedule. I don't expect you all to sell your houses, but I am SO thrilled about this that I don't care if this doesn't really count as One Month of Less -- I literally cannot think of anything else!!

After paying to kill termites on our property line, paying for a new ceiling in the office, paying for a new roof after the insurance inspector and the home inspector said there was nothing wrong with our 5-yr-old roof, and giving the buyer more cash because there was a visible TV wire in the unfinished basement, I can say fervently that I do not want to sell another house for a long long time. And our Realtor was a champ! She has jumped several spots up on my list of favorite people ever. I feel like we should send her a Christmas card from here on out.

Here's our house the day we moved in and then the day we listed it for sale:


What a good house :)






The deck project...


The living room where we spent all our time...


So much work. So many good memories that it seems wrong to say good riddance. We hope the new girl loves it, and I'm sure every time we're in town we'll drive by like major creepers.

For the month of October I'm doing one thing a day that is a step towards a simpler way of living -- less cluttered, less wasteful, less distracted. My goal through this month of less is that by taking a new step every day, I will be able to live in a way that is more organized, more stewardly, more purposeful. Read more about it here, and let me know if you're joining in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...