Friday, September 21, 2012

Sold


So many memories in this house! Part of me doesn't remember how much work it was. Did the math, and my sister lived here almost as long as Jon and I did.

We came home last weekend and loaded up the last of the boxes. I'm trying not to think about it too much. I hope the new owner loves it, and I will be looking for excuses to end up back in the area to drive past it and creep.

When people talk about buying wedding dresses, they say that when you try on THE ONE, you'll know. When I was shopping for wedding dresses I didn't think that was true at all; it was more like when you keep going through a pizza buffet and everything looks like it belongs in your stomach. I forget where I was going with that.

House shopping. Opposite of pizza buffet. The more houses we looked at online or in person, the more I was over it. Nothing really stood out, and the more I saw the more I wanted to live in an RV parked outside the hospital.

Well eventually we DID find one to be really excited about, and now we're in the process of closing! It's sort of a blank slate: tan with tan carpet and tan walls and tan tile. Not what we thought we would end up loving, but we surpised ourselves. And you know what a pair of list-making overachievers could do with a tan slate blank slate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...