Monday, June 24, 2013

Peanut Butter Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping Recipe

You know, this stuff! Magic Shell ice cream topping! Except peanut butter.

photo via
This recipe was the result of my own kitchen experimenting -- no pinterest involved!

It's only two ingredients. Add 1 part coconut oil and 2 parts smooth peanut butter to a microwave safe bowl. I've been buying my coconut oil on Amazon for convenience.


Microwave for about 30 seconds, or until melted. Stir together.


Let the mixture cool slightly so it doesn't completely melt your ice cream right away when you pour it on. Unless you're into a hot-fudge-style magic shell, then go for it!

Okay you waited long enough; pour it on.


Looks like I made a little too much there was not enough ice cream in my freezer. I like this so much better than the bottled kind because it melts in your mouth -- sort of the texture of a peanut butter ribbon. (See below if you are not up on your ice cream add-ins terminology).

picture via
If you have extra, pop it in your refrigerator until it hardens and then eat it with a spoon. If any survives, you can just reheat it for your next bowl if ice cream. Let me know if you try it!

2 comments:

  1. We've been dipping frozen bananas in this with a few chocolate chips melted in. I let the kids eat them for breakfast on hot days as popsicles. You have to pre-freeze the bananas first so they dip well and freeze the topping, then finish freezing with the topping, then eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds delicious! I have some bananas on my counter right now that might NEED this!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...