Monday, July 01, 2013

10 Menu Ideas for Summer

My pinterest boards are mostly caramel and carbs ... but for the summer I am trying to lighten things up.

Disclaimer: anything without chocolate or a cheese sauce generally counts as "light" in our house.

These ten recipes are on my "to try" list this swimsuit season, and feature summery ingredients like berries and garden vegetables.

1. Coconut Almond Breakfast Quinoa from Our Best Bites


2. Raw Broccoli Salad from Stone Soup


3. Apple and Grape Lettuce Wrap from Iovine Brothers


4. Mango Salsa and Salmon from Ripped Recipes - I might try this with chicken.


5. Chicken, Bacon, and Avocado Chopped Salad from Gimme Some Oven


6. . Green Smoothie Cups from Muffin Tin Mania



7. Blueberry Blackberry Rustic Tart from Taste of Home.



8. Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes by Annie's Eats


9. Lemon Frozen Yogurt with Raspberries by Dessert First Girl


10. Strawberries and Cream Angel Food Cake Roll by Brown Eyed Baker


What summertime recipes and flavors are you craving? Has anyone tried any of these recipes before and can give me a review? Let me know if you test any of these 10!

More of our favorite summertime recipes:
Brussels Sprouts with Apples and Bacon
Cranberry Almond Granola
Greek Quinoa and Avocados
Honeycrisp Salad
Mango Salsa
Red Velvet Strawberry Shortcake

Linked up at:

6 comments:

  1. OMG, drool! They all look SO good.

    Visiting from Stasha's listicles. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like I'm going to need to load up on avocados and get in the kitchen!

      Delete
  2. We have tried that grape lettuce wrap recipe, with pecans added. Messy for the kids but good.
    We might go blueberry picking tomorrow so I will revisit the blueberry recipes soon too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little doubtful of how neatly they got that leaf wrapped around there ... I do sorta eat with the coordination of a 4 year old! Jealous of your nearby blueberries!

      Delete
  3. This is my kinda eatin'!!!! YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...