Saturday, September 06, 2014

Coconut Cinnamon Ginger Protein Shake Recipe

It's September and we've had one night cool enough to sleep with the windows open. Within 12 hours of this, I already switched out my Scentsy air freshener to "Mulled Cider" and was looking up fall baking recipes and planning a week full of soups, crock pots, and pasta. I think it's supposed to be in the 80's again on Tuesday. I may have to re-visit the meal plan.

But seriously:
Baked Raspberry Cheesecake Oatmeal?
Cauliflower Chowder?
Gnocchi a la Sorentina?
Maple Apple Granola?
I'll be back for you all.

I have about 7 weeks left until my due date, and am still trying to load up on protein. This shake is easy, packs some fall flavor, and is infinitely more guilt-free than yesterday's pumpkin spice latte. Sorry about that, baby.



Coconut Cinnamon Ginger Protein Shake


1 cup coconut milk
2 T shredded coconut, I used unsweetened
1 T coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond flavoring
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
2 scoops protein powder (I used Body by Vi ViShape Sweet Cream)
Ice to thicken (8-10 cubes, or whatever you like)

Blend in blender until smooth. Makes 1 serving.

2 comments:

  1. Is it like a gingersnap smoothie? Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good! This has a pretty strong coconut flavor, and beyond that I mostly taste cinnamon.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...